During the fourth quarter of 2022, seasonally adjusted industrial turnover increased by 1.4 per cent over the previous quarter. Increases were registered in the consumer goods (3.8 per cent) and intermediate goods (2.3 per cent) respectively. On the contrary, decreases were registered in energy (10.9 per cent) and capital goods (3.0 per cent) (Table 1).
Seasonally adjusted industrial employment increased by 0.9 per cent (Table 3). During this period, industrial hours worked increased by 1.2 per cent (Table 5) and industrial gross wages and salaries increased by 7.1 per cent (Table 7).
When compared to the corresponding quarter of 2021, working-day adjusted industrial turnover increased by 20.5 per cent. Increases were registered in all the main industrial groupings. The highest increase was registered in the capital goods (27.8 per cent), followed by intermediate goods (25.8 per cent), consumer goods (19.3 per cent) and energy (0.2 per cent) (Table 2).
An increase of 1.2 per cent was recorded in the year-on-year unadjusted industrial employment (Table 4). Working-day adjusted industrial hours worked increased by 2.6 per cent (Table 6) and working-day adjusted industrial gross wages and salaries went up by 6.2 per cent (Table 8).
(% change in comparison with corresponding quarter in previous year)
No Data Found
Please provide a valid CSV file.
10. The calculation of growth rates from the indices table may slightly differ from the growth rates published due to rounding.
11. The data contained in this release should be considered as provisional and thereby subject to revision. Each release may include revisions of the past quarterly data in respect of a rolling two-year period.
12. As from January 2018, the index has been re-referenced from 2010 = 100 to 2015 = 100. Hence, news releases published before January 2018 cannot be directly compared with those published afterwards.
13. More information relating to this news release may be accessed at:
14. References to this news release are to be cited appropriately.
15. A detailed news release calendar is available online.